The Salthill Hotel have an exciting opportunity for a Reservations Supervisor
Job title: Reservations Supervisor
Reporting to: Assistant Revenue Manager
Location: Salthill Hotel, The Promenade, Salthill, Co. Galway, H91 DD4V
Type of employment: full time, permanent
Eligibility: must be eligible to work in Ireland
The Salthill Hotel have an exciting opportunity for a Reservations Supervisor to join our dedicated reservations team. The Reservations supervisor will proactively handle sales enquiries and sell the Hotels Rooms, Wedding, Conference and Event (WC&E) facilities.
This position will suit a customer-focused individual with a keen eye for detail, potentially an individual with strong hotel reservations experience who is ready to progress. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, be flexible and most importantly, be a friendly and cooperative person that enjoys working within a busy team.
Summary of key activities
- To ensure all reservations are accepted, recorded and confirmed in accordance with Company policy and in an efficient and courteous manner
- To ensure accurate and complete entries in the Reservations system in accordance with established procedures
- Responsible for the Hotel’s main guest enquiries inbox, responding to all guests in a businesslike and appropriate manner & keeping inboxes up to date & clean
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant paperwork is filed correctly and promptly
- To ensure complete guest satisfaction through the prompt handling of guest queries in a friendly and efficient manner
- To have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all standards of performance and delivery within all Reservations and Events Departments
- To prepare accurate event documentation for all bookings in a timely fashion, and log / file appropriately
- To proactively identify operational challenges associated works with the Hotel operational team and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions
- To manage group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups
- To adhere to all standards, policies and procedures as outlined in the company terms and conditions
- To conduct both planned and walk-in show-arounds as necessary in a professional manner demonstrating full knowledge of the product, services and tailoring the benefits of the guest’s needs
- To have sound knowledge and understanding of all Hotel Facilities – room capacities, menus and accommodation
- Managing mail box – drafts, outbox – files & folders etc.
- Complete daily reports as required by Management Team
- Communicate with front desk staff about walk in rates, corporate rate structure, family rates & child packages on a regular basis
- Ensure office filing/admin systems are kept up to date i.e. Group Rates folder & reservations correspondence
- Ensuring reservations are checked in accordance with standards to avoid unnecessary no shows or duplicate bookings or mistakes
- Assisting accounts with queries, adjustments etc. in a professional manner
- To identify possible sales leads and pass over for follow up.
- To effectively upsell products and services throughout the reservation process.
- To participate in customer site inspections and assist with the sales process when necessary
- To effectively manage customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs
- To ensure all deposits are received on a timely basis and billing arrangements are adhered to. Debt chasing.
- To provide event booking pace information on a timely basis
Experience and skills
- 2-3 years experience in hotel reservations
- Excellent communications and people skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Good presentation and attention to detail
- Must be fluent in the English Language, both written and spoken
The 4-star Salthill hotel is located on the Salthill Promenade with gorgeous views of the Galway Bay. The Salthill hotel is a popular venue for weddings and events and the perfect hotel for a long weekend exploring Galway City and the beautiful Salthill. The hotel has 2 restaurants and a popular bar, with a newly added café space perfect for a hot drink and a quick bite to eat. The Salthill hotel is one of 3 Byrne Hotel Group hotels located in Galway.
The Byrne Hotel Group is a unique collection of family owned hotels and guests houses in Galway, Dublin and the UK offering Irish Hospitality at its best. When you join the Byrne hotel group you join a dedicated team who have a strong focus on providing an exceptional guest experience. We are committed to providing training and support for our employees while fostering a culture of professional excellence. The Byrne Hotel Group offer our employees the opportunity to develop their talent and grow their career through opportunities across the group. We pride ourselves on building strong teams and a supportive working environment for our employees.
Byrne Hotel Group is an equal opportunities employer.