The Landmark Hotel is a leading 4-star hotel in the picturesque town of Carrick-On-Shannon. It is a family run business that has built a strong reputation for its food offering and luxurious accommodation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced operations manager with experience of managing within a busy food and beverage business. The successful candidate will have strong influencing skills and experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team within a hospitality business.
Candidates should have a minimum of three years of experience of managing within a busy food and beverage business. They will have seven more years of experience within the hospitality industry. They will hold level 7 degree in a business or hospitality related subject.
The Landmark Hotel is committed to developing its team and this position may be of interest to those wishing to develop their career within a leading 4 Star Hotel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall day to day management of operations at the hotel. The successful candidate will have a background in managing operations in a hotel, restaurant or guest house. They will be responsible for the line management of all duty managers within the business. They will also have responsibility for ensuring that the kitchen and bars are adequately stocked at all times whilst ensuring that wastage is minimised across the business. They will ensure that there are controls in place to ensure that the highest presentation standards are maintained in all areas where there is public access, including bedrooms, meeting rooms, bars and restaurants. The operations manager will work closely with the finance, marketing and HR departments and will fully support the Hotel Manager at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and publish weekly rosters for bars, restaurants, housekeeping, and cleaning.
- Conduct daily briefing with duty managers to ensure that work is planned/ organised and that issues from previous days are resolved.
- Organise housekeeping/ presentation standards audits to identify and resolve concerns.
- Monitor ordering throughout all areas of the operation to ensure that orders are consistent with the food and beverage budget.
- Monitor waste across the operation and implement measures to eliminate waste where this is identified.
- Advise the Hotel Manager and Directors where trends are identified in waste in any area of the operation.
- Submit reports to the Finance Department in a timely manner.
- Review returns to payroll in advance of them being submitted to ensure that they are accurate.
- Escalate any employment issues to the HR department where these cannot be resolved reasonably by the Operations Manager.
- Manage contractors carrying out work within the hotel to ensure that their activities do not impact on the hotel’s operation.
- Ensure the highest safety, health, and welfare standards across the business.
- Deliver on the company’s sustainability goals under the headings Environment, Social, Governance (ESG).
- Actively engage with guests to ensure that complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that employment matters are dealt with in a timely manner.
To apply please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the HR Department, ([email protected]) The Landmark Hotel, Carrick on Shannon. Co. Leitrim by the 5th of January 2024.