Art and archery, fishing, falconry, fantastic food and 15% off stays – why a trip to The Lodge at Ashford Castle is a must this summer
Planning a staycation in Ireland this summer? If you are looking for some inspiration for your next break, The Lodge at Ashford Castle should be top of the list. Located in Cong, Co Mayo, there are so many reasons to visit but the good people of the hotel have put together their top six to inspire your next trip to the West.
1. Extraordinary Experiences: The Lodge at Ashford Castle is situated on the Ashford Estate, 350 acres of beautiful green lands overlooking Lough Corrib. A veritable playground of activities, guests can enjoy horse riding, archery, clay pigeon shooting and the ancient art of falconry at Ireland’s first school of falconry. Book a fishing lesson with the estate’s resident ghillie or jump onboard the daily river cruise to explore the many islands that surround the estate. An adventure awaits you at every turn without ever having to leave the estate.
2. Inspiring art: The Lodge is a source of creativity and inspiration, and the hotel’s walls are adorned with both modern and contemporary pieces, including a gem from the renowned and often controversial UK artist, Banksy. A creative showcase of the hotel ‘gallery’ was curated by The Tollmans, owners of Red Carnation Hotel Collection.
3. The food – incomparable: The hotel’s restaurant, Wilde’s is both a classic and creative dining experience featuring fuss-free, beautifully prepared dishes made from estate-grown, foraged, and local ingredients by executive Chef Jonathan Keane and his team,
4. Exceptional wine: The extensive, 100 label wine list features only green, sustainably produced wines from around the world. The imaginative list has been created to support visionary winemakers who care about the environment and 92% are classified organic, biodynamic and/or natural.
5. Deluxe rooms and suites: Each room is individually designed with many featuring contemporary, chic furnishings and a statement piece of art. Suites, including two story suites, are a fantastic option for family stays offering lots of space and added comfort.
The value: We’re all looking for a little extra value these days and at The Lodge, guests can avail of the ‘Prepay and save 15%’ offer throughout the year, subject to availability, as well as many other incredible seasonal offers.
And if that’s not enough to whet the appetite, book your stay at The Lodge at Ashford Castle and enjoy complimentary inclusions2 such as full Irish breakfast daily, bike hire, tennis courts, and golf.
Steeped in history, The Lodge dates to 1865 when it was originally built as the home of Ashford Castle’s Estate Manager during the Guinness family’s ownership of the Ashford Estate. The Lodge at Ashford Castle is part of the Red Carnation Hotel Collection.
For more information visit the website www.thelodgeac.com