Eyre Square Hotel is looking for an experienced Head Chef
Job title: Head Chef
Reporting to: Hotel Manager
Location: Eyre Square Hotel, Forster Street, Galway HP1 TCP0
Type of employment: full time, permanent
Eligibility: must be eligible to work in Republic of Ireland
The Eyre Square Hotel is looking for an experienced Head Chef. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Eyre Square hotel in a period of development and growth. As Head Chef you will work with the Hotel Manager to develop an all-day dining concept with a focus on high quality ingredients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for food, developing new dishes and have experience in leading a hardworking team. This role requires someone who is creative, vibrant with a real edge to their menu planning with the ability to shape the F&B offering of the Eyre Square Hotel, helping make the hotel a culinary destination for locals and hotel guests.
- Control and direct the food preparation process ensuring seasonality in the menus, food provenance is local, all food allergens are accounted for and stated in the menus and above all the menu can be identifiably connected to the Galway Food Scene
- Be responsible for the everyday management of a fast-paced Kitchen team
- Design menus that enhance customers’ culinary experience whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and consistency
- Comply with dietary requirements, have tasty, nutritious and visually appealing menu items available for dietary needs and abide by all sanitation regulations
- Driving sales and maintaining a high level of standards throughout the Kitchen including all aspects of Food preparation
- Ensure that all food preparation is in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that Covid Guidelines are adhered to and train and correct accordingly to ensure compliance
- Carry out all Health & Safety, HACCP, and any other requirements
- Monitor standards, cost control, stock rotation and general efficiency of the kitchen
- Ordering of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Make use of Procure Wizard and ensure adequate stock rotation is in place
- Hiring, training and managing kitchen staff
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Manage the busy service periods and produce a high standard of food.
- Practice strong financial management including menu costings, food margin control and labour cost control
- Strong creativity and innovation is required when implementing new menu concepts
- Flexibility with working hours working 5 over 7 days and priority must be shown to weaker service points and Sales Opportunities
- Attendance at Management meetings as and when necessary
- Monthly meetings with the Hotel Stock taker with follow up corrective action implemented and followed up as and when necessary
- Ensure defective or faulty equipment is reported and follow up on any maintenance issues to ensure they are rectified in a timely manner
- Any other reasonable duties as and when it is deemed necessary by the Hotel Manager and/or Group Directors
Experience and skills
- Experience in a similar role, ideally 2-3 years
- Experience managing a busy kitchen
- Experience running on-the job training
- Fluent in English
The Eyre Square Hotel is a popular and centrally located hotel offering 80 comfortable rooms with elegant internal guest spaces and contemporary dining outlets in the heart of Galway City Centre. Our hotel rooms are finished to a high standard and are designed with our guest’s comfort and the needs of the modern-day traveler in mind. Our Merchant Bar, Restaurant and Café offer a wide variety of contemporary food, delicious drinks including craft cocktails along with Barista made coffees. We endeavor for each and every one of our guests to have an enjoyable stay in the heart of the Wild Atlantic Way and to that end we are always willing and able to assist with making their stay as enjoyable and as memorable as can be. Our experienced team are always on hand to assist with local recommendations for sight-seeing and are able to offer local knowledge when it comes to planning our guests trip to Galway. The Eyre Square Hotel is one of 3 hotels in Galway belonging to the Byrne Hotel Group.
The Byrne Hotel Group is a unique collection of family owned hotels and guests houses in Galway, Dublin and the UK offering Irish Hospitality at its best. When you join the Byrne hotel group you join a dedicated team who have a strong focus on providing an exceptional guest experience. We are committed to providing training and support for our employees while fostering a culture of professional excellence. The Byrne Hotel Group offer our employees the opportunity to develop their talent and grow their career through opportunities across the group. We pride ourselves on building strong teams and a supportive working environment for our employees.
Byrne Hotel Group is an equal opportunities employer.