New research reveals the best cities around the world for beer lovers and Dublin ranks 8th in the world!
The research from money.co.uk compiled a list of 40 destinations known for their local beer scene and gave each a score out of 10 based on three metrics:
- Breweries per 10,000 people
- Bars, pubs and clubs per 10,000 people
- Average price per pint
Please see the full research here: https://www.money.co.uk/current-accounts/beer-cities
- Dublin, Ireland takes 8th place with an overall score of 4.36 out of 10 with 5.66 pubs and bars per 100,000. However, the city is notorious for an expensive pint, and has the 5th most expensive pint on the list at £4.70 and only beaten by London prices by 30p!
- Edinburgh ranks 16th, with an overall score of 3.93 out of 10, the Scottish capital has the 4th most bars and clubs at 4.45 per 10,000.
- London comes 39th out of 40 on the list, with an overall score of 2.19 out of 10, the city has the4th most expensive pint on average costing £5 a pint.
To explore the data in full, including the cheapest destinations, click here.