Travel Insurance Sales Increase by over 500% as Holidaymakers prepare to travel abroad again
Multitrip.com, one of Ireland’s leading travel insurance providers, has today reported over a 500% increase in policy sales since the beginning of May, demonstrating that Irish holidaymakers are ready to travel abroad again.
With international travel set to return from the 19th of July, Multitrip.com travel insurance has announced several additional Covid-19 related benefits to their standard travel insurance policies, that will allow Irish Holidaymakers to travel abroad again safely and with confidence. These Covid-19 cover details include:
- Medical Expenses cover if you or your travelling companions are diagnosed with Covid-19 abroad.
- Additional travel & accommodation expenses abroad cover if you need to extend your stay abroad due to Covid-19 diagnosis.
- Cancellation cover if you are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover if you are hospitalised with Covid-19 within 31 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover if your travelling companion(s) are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover if your are travelling companion(s) are hospitalised with Covid-19 within 31 days of departure.
- Cancellation cover if somebody you have arranged to stay with abroad is diagnosed with Covid.
The above Covid-19 benefits would not apply for persons who are required to self-isolate without a positive Covid-19 diagnosis, and any claim relating to government lockdown or restrictions on travel are excluded.
Another exclusive change to the Multitrip.com policy is that the policy will no longer exclude cover if you are travelling to a country where the DFA are advising against travel, providing that advice is Covid related. For example, if you are travelling to the US or Dubai where the DFA both have the security status as “Avoid all but Essential Travel” then most travel insurers may not offer any cover but the Multitrip.com policy will give you full cover excluding Covid medical cover abroad.
Jason Whelan, Head of Travel at Multitrip.com says, “While we are still in the early stages of emerging from this pandemic, it’s clear from our sales numbers that Irish holidaymakers’ are ready to start traveling abroad once again. At Multitrip.com, we realise there is a bigger need now more than ever for reliable and comprehensive travel insurance, which is why we have added several Covid-19 related benefits to our travel insurance policies. Along with our standard travel insurance cover, all Multitrip.com policies now include additional Covid-19 related benefits such Cancellation and Medical Expenses cover specifically tailored to Covid-19 instances.”
Multitrip.com is one of Ireland’s leading travel insurance providers protecting holidaymakers against unforeseen circumstances relating to their travel abroad. Their plans are extensive, covering Cancellation or Curtailment, Emergency Medical Expenses, Baggage, Personal Liability and more. Covering Irish holidaymakers for over 15 years, Multitrip.com now ranks 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 16,000 customer reviews.