The Salthill Hotel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Duty Manager to join our team
Job title: Duty Manager
Reporting to: Hotel Manager
Location: Salthill Hotel, The Promenade, Salthill, Co. Galway, H91 DD4V
Type of employment: full time, permanent
Eligibility: must be eligible to work in Ireland
The Duty Manager will lead and manage the team to ensure the hotel operates safely, efficiently and effectively at all times ensuring utmost standards and service excellence throughout optimizing revenue opportunities. This is a challenging role as it would entail working in and supporting various departments throughout the hotel.
This position will suit a customer-focused individual with a keen eye for detail and the ability to support & lead a team. This is an exciting and varied role-taking in all aspects of the food and beverage function aspects of the business and will especially suit a person who excels in a multi-tasking environment The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and outgoing, be an excellent communicator, be flexible and most importantly, be a friendly and cooperative person that enjoys working within a busy team.
Summary of key activities
- Working closely with the hotel’s management team on the day to day running of the hotel, with special consideration given to F&B
- Management of all aspects of the hotel while on duty, daily duty manager walks addressing any such issues arising ensuring the hotel facilities is presented well throughout
- Daily communication handover with operations management team
- Having a hands-on approach while on duty in areas where support is needed
- Work closely with Managers and HR to implement staff training and development.
- Driving sales initiatives for the property – in conjunction with the hotels in-house sales team
- Identify revenue/upselling opportunities implementing goals and incentive schemes for the Food & Beverage Team in line with the Operations Management
- Provide effective guidance to the team to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring excellent service is provided to all guests
- Ensure strong leadership skills and can do attitude are displayed at all times
- Implementing company operating standards in relation to suppliers, Service Excellence, Hotel presentation & Customer service
- Ensure business on the books is reviewed for the month ahead and continuously on a day to day basis
- Ensure there is a clear line of communication throughout the departments and the teams are aware of the daily operations
- Any other duties assigned by Hotel Management
Experience and skills
- Must have previous experience as at a supervisor level in the services industry ( Bar, restaurant or hotel).
- Have HACCP qualifications a plus
- Must be able to multi-task and be willing to help where required in all areas of the hotel.
- Previous experience working with hotel front office systems is essential.
- Experience working within the area of conference & banqueting and events.
- Excellent communications and people skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good presentation and attention to detail
- Must be fluent in the English Language, both written and spoken
The 4-star Salthill hotel is located on the Salthill Promenade with gorgeous views of the Galway Bay. The Salthill hotel is a popular venue for weddings and events and the perfect hotel for a long weekend exploring Galway City and the beautiful Salthill. The hotel has 2 restaurants and a popular bar, with a newly added café space perfect for a hot drink and a quick bite to eat. The Salthill hotel is one of 3 Byrne Hotel Group hotels located in Galway.
The Byrne Hotel Group is a unique collection of family owned hotels and guests houses in Galway, Dublin and the UK offering Irish Hospitality at its best. When you join the Byrne hotel group you join a dedicated team who have a strong focus on providing an exceptional guest experience. We are committed to providing training and support for our employees while fostering a culture of professional excellence. The Byrne Hotel Group offer our employees the opportunity to develop their talent and grow their career through opportunities across the group. We pride ourselves on building strong teams and a supportive working environment for our employees.
Byrne Hotel Group is an equal opportunities employer.