Hyatt Announces Global Expansion of Independent Collection Brands with New Hotel Openings and Developments Slated through 2025
Growth of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and JDV by Hyatt brands demonstrates Hyatt’s commitment to expanding these brands to key global destinations
LONDON (March 05, 2021) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the global growth of its independent collection brands, including recent openings and development plans up to 2025 across The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and JDV by Hyatt brands. This growth reinforces Hyatt’s focus on continuing to immerse guests, members and customers into cultures and destinations that matter most to them.
Hyatt’s independent collection brands encompass diverse properties, each true to its destination and offering the modern traveller enriching experiences in new and exciting ways. Whether it’s a luxury hotel in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand with a rich history, a boutique JDV by Hyatt hotel inspired by its vibrant neighbourhood, or an immersive resort retreat within the Destination by Hyatt brand, each hotel delivers one-of-a-kind guest experiences for every occasion.
“With each new hotel opening under Hyatt’s three independent collection brands, we are encouraging unique discovery of the local culture or history of the hotel’s location, truly illustrating the spirit of these three distinct brands,” said Katie Johnson, global brand leader, independent collection, Hyatt. “Learning from our guests, members, and customers is key to Hyatt. “Each of these hotels accelerates our efforts to expand our independent collections in markets that reach travellers and surprise locals with captivating experiences.”
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand believes luxury is defined by experiences. More than a compilation of one-of-a-kind hotels, these properties are a thoughtful curation of stories worth collecting. Whether it’s a modern marvel, a historic gem or a revitalising retreat, 25 properties worldwide provide thought-provoking environments for guests seeking a sophisticated yet unscripted experience when they travel.
Embracing the brand’s original namesake – Joie de Vivre – JDV by Hyatt is all about celebrating the joy of life. The recently rebranded collection of JDV by Hyatt hotels is a vibrant, independent group of hotels that are true reflections of the urban neighbourhoods we call home. As champions of diversity and inclusion, each of its 14 hotels offers guests a community for the spirited, the light-hearted, and the young-at-heart.
Destination by Hyatt hotels make up a diverse collection of independent hotels, resorts and spacious residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. Formerly known as Destination Hotels, the rebranded collection was recently renamed Destination by Hyatt to reflect its global reach. Each property is purposefully crafted to be a place of discovery through immersive experiences, authentic design and genuine service. In more than 30 locations nationwide, families, groups and couples can connect to both people and place – enjoying a sense of belonging that makes the destination theirs.
Notable executed deals in Europe:
Planned new hotel openings in 2021 include the debut of the JDV brand in Europe as well as new additions to the Unbound Collection by Hyatt:
- Hôtel du Palais Biarritz, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Biarritz, France)
Hôtel du Palais, the only hotel classified as a Palace on France’s Atlantic Coast, will soon emerge from a meticulous restoration to further enhance the majesty and elegance of this exceptional hotel while preserving the spirit of its prestigious 19th century design and architecture. Hôtel du Palais Biarritz expects to reopen its doors in late March 2021 for the season, until October 31st 2021. After completing the final phase of its extensive renovation, the hotel plans to resume operations again in summer 2022.
- Story Hotels,marking the debut of the JDV by Hyatt brand in Europe (Stockholm and Malmö, Sweden) Three Story Hotels join the JDV by Hyatt brand in Sweden: Story Hotel Riddargatan, Story Hotel Signalfabriken in Stockholm and Story Hotel Studio Malmö. These hotels reflect the edgy, modern Scandinavian neighbourhoods in which they reside and are ideally located in the heart of Malmo and Stockholm; key destinations for both leisure and busines travellers. All three hotels will be available to book from April 15th2021.
- The former Byblos Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Mijas, Spain)
The recently renovated luxury 200-bedroom resort is located in Andalusia, one of Spain’s most visited locations. The famous hotel has been known as a hideaway for jet setters and royalty alike since it first opened in 1986. After a careful restoration, the iconic blue and white building is expected to reopen its doors in early 2022, inviting guests to experience the Southern Spain lifestyle.
2020 saw the opening of two new additions to the Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio in Europe:
The Wellem, a luxury boutique hotel with 102 rooms and suites, opened in November 2020. The hotel bears the name of Jan Wellem who, alongside his wife Anna Maria Luisa of Medici, helped to turn the city of Düsseldorf into the centre of arts and culture it has become. In homage to its namesake, the hotel is home to an impressive collection of contemporary art, as well as an art concierge to introduce guests to the masterpieces within the hotel. Built in 1913, the building has retained its sophisticated and unique heritage, while accommodating modern accoutrements.
- Hotell Reisen, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Stockholm, Sweden)
Hotell Reisen, located in the heart of Stockholm’s old town, opened in December 2020. The property has a proud history with origins dating back to the 17th century. As such, the hotel is decorated with ornaments from centuries past including a 350-year-old footprint in the bricks of the hotel lobby.
With a deep belief in the power of these independent collection brands, Hyatt plans to add JDV by Hyatt and Destination by Hyatt brand hotels in more locations that matter most to guests and members. Additional properties expected to open or join Hyatt in 2021 include:
- The Shay, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Culver City, California)
- Mission Pacific Hotel, a JDV by Hyatt hotel
- The Seabird Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Oceanside, California)
- Commune by the Great Wall, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Beijing, China)
- Banyan Cay Resort and Golf, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (West Palm Beach, Florida)
- A hotel in Jingdezhen, China, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Jingdezhen, China)
- The Langbo Chengdu, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Chengdu, China)
- El Capitan Hotel, a JDV by Hyatt hotel (Merced, California)
- The Anndore House, a JDV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Pell, a JDV by Hyatt hotel (Middletown, Rhode Island)
- The Walper, a JDV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Sweetgrass Inn at Wild Dunes, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Isle of Palms, South Carolina)
- A hotel in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Looking Ahead, Executed Franchise and Management Agreements:
By 2025, Hyatt’s independent collection of brands expect to welcome several new properties including The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand’s entry into Japan, Thailand and Mexico, as well as:
- Hotel La Compañia, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Panama City, Panama)
- Grand Hansa Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Helsinki, Finland)
- Rancho Pescadero, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Todos Santos, Mexico)
- A hotel in Tongli, Suzhou, China, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- The Barai Hua Hin, a part ofThe Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Hua Hin, Thailand)
- A hotel near Mount Fuji, Japan, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Shizuoka, Japan)
- A hotel in Hollywood, Calif., a part ofThe Unbound Collection by Hyatt
In 2020, Hyatt continued mindful growth of its independent collection of brands across the globe with the following new hotels opening:
- Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Virginia), March 2020
- The Last Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (St. Louis), June 2020
- Wyndhurst Manor & Club, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Lenox, Massachusetts), July 2020
- Mar Monte Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Santa Barbara, California), August 2020
- Grand WUJI Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Nanjing, China), September 2020
- Hotel Kansas City, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Missouri), October 2020
- Hāna-Maui Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Hawaii), November 2020
Reimagining the Guest Experience with Special Offers
Guided by insights from our guests, members and colleagues, Hyatt is rethinking the guest experience with creativity and care to provide enhanced convenience, flexibility and wellbeing through the following special offers:
The Great Relocate: For World of Hyatt members considering trading work lunches for lunch breaks on the beach, The Great Relocate package offers members the opportunity to live and work from a hotel in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Southwest Asia. The offer is valid for any stay longer than 29 nights until December 31st, 2021 when you book by December 3rd, 2021. Members can enjoy standard in-hotel benefits including earning points and having nights count toward elite-tier status. With spacious guestrooms and suites, refreshing pools, twice weekly housekeeping, private work areas, complimentary gym access, high-speed internet and IT concierge on hand, laundry services, airport or train station pickup and 25% off onsite dining, working remotely can be a breeze. Terms and conditions apply. To learn more and book an escape, visit: https://world.hyatt.com//content/gp/en/offers/work-from-hyatt/the-great-relocate.html
World of Hyatt Gives Members 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New
To provide World of Hyatt members with even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at new Hyatt hotels and resorts around the world when they open. Participating hotels and their offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus. New additions will be added to this landing page as well. No registration is required and members can earn on top of other offers.
Terms & Conditions
Offer valid for 500 Bonus Points for each qualifying night stayed by World of Hyatt members in good standing during a hotel’s offer period at participating hotels and resorts. Offer valid at participating hotels and resorts for stays with a checkout date during each hotel’s offer period. For each hotel’s offer period, visit worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus. To be eligible for this offer you must be a World of Hyatt member in good standing at time of reservation and stay, stay at a participating hotel with a checkout date during that hotel’s offer period, provide your World of Hyatt membership number at time of check-in, and either pay an Eligible Rate or redeem a free night award. An “Eligible Rate” and “Ineligible Rate” are defined in the World of Hyatt Terms and Conditions (located at worldofhyatt.com/terms). Only one point bonus may be earned per member, per stay, regardless of the number of rooms booked. Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this offer. Two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel will be deemed one stay. All points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. This offer is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program. Please allow 3-4 weeks after travel is completed for World of Hyatt Bonus Points to be credited to your Account. To join World of Hyatt, visit worldofhyatt.com. Qualifying nights will automatically be tracked when you provide your World of Hyatt membership number at check-in. A limited number of rooms are allocated to this offer; reservations subject to availability. Offer not valid with groups, conventions, other promotional offers, tour packages or special rate programs. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice. The trademarks Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. © 2019 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
For additional information, visit worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus.
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.