Kenmare House, a newly refurbished stately residence nestled in the secluded private woodlands of the Killarney National Park, is proud to announce its opening as a luxury private accommodation destination. This magnificent estate offers picturesque views, a rich historical legacy, and an unparalleled location in the heart of Killarney.
Today, Kenmare House stands as a testament to timeless elegance and comfort. This self-catering country home, the perfect place to gather for large family and golfing groups, wedding parties and special occasions, can accommodate up to 14 guests in 8 elegant bedrooms and offers an array of accommodation options, including King Rooms, a Junior King Room, and Superior Double and Single Rooms. The property features:
- 8 meticulously designed bedrooms and 5 stylish bathrooms
- Two spacious lounges perfect for relaxation and socialising
- A full of character and old-world charm library, the ideal place to tuck yourself away with a classic book in one of the snug Queen Ann leather armchairs
- ‘The Dining Room’, a truly enchanting room to host a grand celebratory holiday feast, a candlelit dinner party and cosy, homely suppers
- A fully equipped modern kitchen with direct access to a terraced patio overlooking the gardens and perfectly aligned views of Killarney’s lower lake and MacGillycuddy Reeks
- An intimate private chapel, a unique feature harkening back to the estate’s historical significance
- Sprawling grounds with an adjacent 9-hole golf course, ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Access to full restaurant, Lakeview Bar, a rejuvenating spa and leisure facilities at the nearby 4-star Castlerosse Park Resort, just 200 meters away (open mid-March to mid-November)
- Plus, optional extra luxuries including daily maid service, a private chef to cook and prepare breakfast on-site and a stocked self-service bar
Kenmare House’s illustrious history dates back centuries, beginning with the arrival of the Browne family in Killarney in the sixteenth century. This, the last Kenmare House, was once the cherished abode of Beatrice Grosvenor, the final member of the Browne family, Earls of Kenmare, who had resided in Killarney since 1587. Notably, even Queen Victoria graced Kenmare House with her presence during her iconic visit to Killarney in 1861. After Beatrice Grosvenor’s tenure, Kenmare House underwent several transitions before being lovingly restored and refurbished by the present owners, the Kelleher family, and Castlerosse Park Resort. This collaboration marks a new chapter in the extraordinary history of successive Kenmare Houses, residences of the Earls of Kenmare.
Kenmare House’s secluded location in the Killarney National Park offers an escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Guests can bask in the natural beauty of lush grounds and rolling greens while enjoying unrivalled views of Killarney’s Lower Lake district and a plethora of outdoor activities, including walking, cycling, hiking, horse-riding, golf, and more.
Kenmare House, having undergone extensive renovations and modernisation, now stands ready to welcome travellers in search of an enchanting escape amid the natural beauty of Killarney National Park. The Kelleher family and Castlerosse Park Resort have joined forces to create a unique blend of history, opulence, and natural splendour, establishing Kenmare House as the ultimate destination for those seeking an unforgettable home from home experience.
Rates start from €1,000+ per night, min 4-night charge. For further information, bookings and seasonal rates, please visit www.kenmarehouse.ie