We craft thoughtful products that help hoteliers effortlessly welcome and manage their guests. We’re central to the lives of thousands of hotels and their fantastic staff around the world. Our customers interact with our user-friendly and intuitive software in many areas of their working day, at any time and any place. We’re here to make their lives more enjoyable, more productive and to enable them to provide a better service to their customers or as we call it: More GuestTime. It’s this relationship that we help build between hotels and their guests that mean we have vast scope for innovation, disruption, and enhancement every step of the way.
It’s been an unprecedented time for hospitality and during these turbulent times we are proud that we have pulled together to support our valued customers whilst continuing to attract new customers. The hospitality industry has weathered a difficult storm and we remain committed to helping hoteliers leverage the power of technology to streamline their operations and provide a memorable guest experience.
It’s not just about the technology
Our team is diverse, filled with ambitious and creative minds, spread across the UK, Europe, and Asia with customers in 25 countries, across 5 continents. Our history guides us and gives us a great position in the market, but it’s our innovation and international expansion that will keep us successful. Don’t just take our word for it, every 10 working hours a new hotel goes live with Guestline.
Yes, technology and solutions are our thing, but what makes us different is we love to show our customers the humans behind the computers. We’re all about personable technology, we give our customers the systems and advice they need to enhance guest experience and make their operations more efficient. Through this approach we have been awarded ‘Best Technology Product’ from Boutique Hotelier and Travolution.
The Team and Business Development role
In this role you’ll be responsible for the full sales life cycle. This is a hands-on role that includes the prospecting, identification and qualification of new business opportunities, maximising opportunity conversion leading to the negotiation of business solution sales. To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly motivated by winning new business agreements, utilising your relationships with hoteliers and understanding their key requirements to achieve and exceed your targets. A sound working knowledge of hotel PMS, C&B and/ or Distribution systems is essential.
As part of our global expansion, we’re looking to grow our business in Ireland where you’ll work as part of our small progressive team with a solid understanding of the hospitality industry as you help us to increase sales and build on the solid reputation Guestline has developed in the Irish market. This is an outstanding opportunity to make a significant contribution within an established organisation, where consistently strong performance is well rewarded.
What you’ll be doing
- Use a consultative sales approach to ensure that solutions are tailored to our clients unique requirements
- Embrace targets and devise your own personal sales strategy to deliver or exceed them
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecasting information to the business
- Leverage your existing industry network to accelerate delivery of sales targets
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our target customers and groups
- Creating bespoke proposals, product presentations, RFPs (Request for Proposal Documents) and ROI statements for interested parties
- Be highly proactive and search our opportunities to develop new business
- Learn and understand product information and how this can be a positive return on investment for prospects
- Increase the profile of Guestline throughout Ireland
- Support the Country Manager in the retention of existing business
- Attend trade shows to network and introduce our products to new customers
- Problem-solving with customers where the sales or installation process hasn’t run smoothly. Using open communication to deliver a great service back to our customers
- You know how to do this – you’ve worked in hospitality and understand how the systems are fundamental to the smooth running of daily hotel operations
- You hit your target – hitting, surpassing and setting new targets is second nature to you. You’re motivated by your sales figures and providing a fantastic service to your clients
- You understand what it takes to be successful in sales – sales is a process that benefits from constant refinement, it’s a skill that requires practice and nurturing. You proactively seek out methods / resources to improve your own sales skills
- You’re great with people – you understand how to get the best out of people, delivering a message right and influencing across different teams and stakeholders; from Engineers to Sales to c-suite, customers and third parties
- You’re bold and prepared to drive change – you use learning techniques, soft skills and lead by example to inject new ways of thinking wherever needed
- You’ve got a curious mind – you read around your subject and default to open when it comes to sharing knowledge
- You relentlessly think Guest – you put a customer lens on all that you do. You have the ability to understand the problems of our customers and use your expertise to guide them to the best outcome
- You’re kind – one of our most important attributes in a Guestliner, you’ll go out of your way to help others and feel proud when others around you succeed
- You’re tech- savvy – whilst you don’t need to be able to code, we like our Guestliners to be tech-savvy enough to understand the nuances and workings of our technologies. You consistently work to find smart ways to automate non-value related tasks
Our Guestliners make our business the innovative, progressive, and successful place that it is. Here are some of the benefits they enjoy:
- We offer a competitive package for this role including commission and bonus
- We believe in continuous improvement and so we’ll give you your own allowance to spend on your professional development
- We’re open to flexible working as long as it works for you, your team and the business
- To help you plan for the future, we’ve nominated Irish Life as our PRSA for you to contribute part of your monthly salary
- In addition to normal public holidays, we’ll give you 25 days holiday a year to relax and recharge your batteries and to allow you to celebrate properly
- Each year we’ll give you a paid day to take your birthday off
- We like to have fun and feel it’s important for our team to unwind and get to know each other, our Social Committee organises regular events from local get togethers and charity initiatives to company BBQs and our annual Christmas party
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We’re on a mission to disrupt the hospitality industry and a diverse team with different views, perspectives and experiences improves our ability to challenge conventions, support our customers and strengthen our decision making. We believe that all Guestliners should bring their best selves to work every day and we strive to create an inclusive environment which they feel comfortable, inspired, and empowered. We’re committed to hiring the best talent by ensuring our teams are represented by all pockets of society. We aim to grow, support, and develop every individual during their time with us.
Full details available here.