Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa have an exciting opportunity for a Bar Manager to join the team.
Minutes from Dublin and easily accessible from Dublin Airport, Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s leading four star hotels. With 145 contemporary and spacious guest rooms including a selection of suites, Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa offers a sweeping tree-lined approach, historic architecture dating back to the 1700’s, a luxurious spa, and a reputation for quality food and service. Ideally situated in the Meath countryside, yet on Dublin’s doorstep, with its extensive conference facilities, the hotel is ideally positioned to host every conceivable requirement for our guests. Our AA rosette winning Ivy Restaurant offers an exceptional dining experience of simple, yet delicious Irish cuisine using the finest local and seasonal ingredients. The restaurant has retained its rosette for four years running. Guests can also enjoy the hotel’s light-filled Terrace Lounge, overlooking extensive gardens, where the perfect Afternoon Tea and lighter refreshments are served. Popular with both locals and guests alike, the hotel’s Sadlier Bar is the perfect spot for socialising.
This position will suit a customer-focused individual with a keen eye for detail, potentially an individual with strong hotel reservations experience who is ready to progress. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, be flexible and most importantly, be a friendly and cooperative person that enjoys working within a busy team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of the bar outlets and team daily.
- Work closely with the kitchen and the Head Chef to ensure timing, quality and food service standards are delivered.
- Strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of direct responsibility.
- Determines training needs to accomplish goals and implements plan.
- Previous experience as a Head of Department incorporating both food and beverage operations.
- Demonstrates the passion in keeping abreast of current trends in food and beverage.
- Previous experience within the 4-star market is a distinct advantage.
- Must have proven experience in stock control procedures.
Job title: Bar Manager
Reporting to: Food and Beverage Manager
Type of employment: Full Time, Permanent