New US$1 million campaign in United States highlights Shannon Airport as gateway to Wild Atlantic Way
Tourism Ireland and The Shannon Airport Group host travel trade and media events in New York and Boston
Tourism Ireland has unveiled a new US$1 million campaign to promote direct flights from the United States to Shannon Airport – with Aer Lingus from Boston and New York and with United from Newark – and to highlight Shannon as the gateway to the Wild Atlantic Way.
As part of the campaign, Tourism Ireland, together with The Shannon Airport Group, is hosting events for key travel trade and media contacts in New York and Boston this week. Six tourism enterprises from the Wild Atlantic Way are meeting with around 40 tour operators, as well as with travel and Diaspora journalists, in both cities.
The campaign will run until the end of November and features an extensive and targeted programme of both trade and consumer promotions. The consumer promotions will deliver 86 million impressions (opportunities to see).
Alison Metcalfe, Tourism Ireland’s Head of North America, said: “We are delighted to unveil our new US$1 million campaign in the United States, highlighting Shannon Airport as the gateway to the Wild Atlantic Way. We are really pleased to partner with The Shannon Airport Group to host events in New York and Boston this week. The events will be attended by key US tour operators, as well as travel and Diaspora journalists, proving a great opportunity for our partners from Ireland to highlight the many things to see and do along the Wild Atlantic Way.”
Alison Metcalfe continued: “Our campaign includes an extensive and targeted programme of both trade and consumer promotions. We know from our research that there is significant pent-up demand among travellers here to return to Ireland. We look forward to communicating with potential holidaymakers – as well as with our travel trade and media partners in the US – highlighting the many great experiences and the warm welcome that awaits along the Wild Atlantic Way.”
Mary Considine, CEO of The Shannon Airport Group, said: “Shannon Airport is the lifeblood of our region and we are proud of the role we play in supporting the business, aviation and tourism sectors that are so vital to the regional and national economy.”
Mary Considine continued: “Recently rebranded as ‘The Shannon Airport Group’, we embark on our next chapter in shaping opportunities in aviation and property, and supporting our region as a thriving, connected place to live, work, learn and spend vacation time. We look forward to continuing our special relationship with the US and reconnecting with our American friends and offering them the warmest of Irish welcomes and the travel and vacation experience of a lifetime.”
As well as the events in New York and Boston this week, Tourism Ireland’s new US$1 million campaign will include:
- digital outdoor ads on billboards in Boston, New York, and New Jersey;
- ads on popular digital and social platforms, including Facebook and Instagram, as well as on top media websites like Travel + Leisure;
- Tourism Ireland activity with leading travel and travel deals websites like Travelzoo, Travel Spike, Dunhill Travel Deals and ShermansTravel, highlighting attractive vacation packages which include Shannon Airport and the Wild Atlantic Way;
- co-operative promotions with Aer Lingus, to highlight its flights to Shannon Airport from Boston and New York; and with United, to highlight its service from Newark; and
- communications about Shannon Airport and the Wild Atlantic Way to the influential US travel trade – via travel trade titles such as Travel Weekly, Luxury Travel Advisor and Insider Travel Report.