Buffalo Trace Distillery is Welcoming 2022 by Donating 2022 Bottles Including its First NFT with Unique OFC Vintage 6 Litre Bottle
The Distillery Asks Non-profits to Join in the Quest to Raise Over $2 Million This Year Globally
FRANKFORT, FRANKLIN COUNTY, KY. Buffalo Trace Distillery realises so many charitable organisations across the world need assistance, so it has decided to help by donating 2,022 bottles of its finest whiskies in 2022 in hopes of raising record-breaking donations for non-profits around the world.
While the Distillery has a robust database of charities, it would like to grow the potential range of recipients to impact more non-profits. 501(c) (3) organisations and registered charities are encouraged to register for a chance to be awarded a bottle which the non-profit can then use for fundraising. Buffalo Trace will take care of sending the bottle to the selected organisation, the only thing asked in return is for the recipient to report back on how much money is raised.
Included in the offering of 2,022 bottles will be the world’s first six-litre bottle bourbon non-fungible tokens (NFTs), which contain bourbon distilled in 1982 in Buffalo Trace Distillery’s O.F.C. line.
Other bottles in the 2,022 line-up being donated for selected non-profit’s to use for fundraising include:
- 300 375ml bottles of The Single Oak Project Bourbon, a very limited release from the most extensive bourbon experiment ever undertaken
- Weller vertical consisting of Weller Special Reserve, Weller Antique 107, Weller 12 year old, Weller Full Proof, Weller Single Barrel and Weller Craft Your Perfect Bourbon (CYPB)
- Blanton’s vertical with Blanton’s Original Single Barrel, Blanton’s Gold and Blanton’s Straight from the Barrel Bourbons
- E.H. Taylor, Jr. special release collection consisting of E.H. Taylor, Jr. 18 Year Marriage; E.H. Taylor, Jr. Amaranth; E.H. Taylor, Jr. Four Grain; and E.H. Taylor, Jr. Warehouse C Bourbons
- Five bottles (each six litres in size) of the aforementioned O.F.C. Bourbon, distilled in 1982, available via NFT in mid-February, more details coming
- And many more whiskies from the world’s most award-winning Distillery
“We really want to make an impact in 2022,” said Sara Saunders, vice president, bourbon, Buffalo Trace Distillery. “We’ve got a wonderful database so far of non-profit organisations, but we encourage others from across the U.S. and the world to register their charitable organisation, as we know the need is great. We’ve handpicked some of the best whiskies from across our portfolio, in hopes they garner top dollar for the recipients.”
Interested non-profit’s can register their organisation here. Buffalo Trace is looking for a diverse group of charities to donate to, comprised of various audiences, locations, and impact in the community. All entries must be received by March 31, 2022 for consideration; winning charities will be notified of their status by April 29, 2022. Bottles to selected recipients will begin shipping in May 2022 and recipients need to hold their event and report back their monies raised by Nov 30, 2022.
Buffalo Trace Distillery has a history of conducting similar fundraisers, but nothing of this magnitude. In 2019 it gave away nearly 400 bottles from its 6 Millionth Barrel, a milestone barrel commemorating the 6 millionth barrel produced since Prohibition. Those bottles raised over one million dollars for various charitable organisations. Similar offerings ran in 2016, with over a million dollars raised, and also in 2011.