The Salthill Hotel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Night auditor to join our team
Job title: Night Auditor
Reporting to: Hotel Manager
Department: Front Office
Location: Salthill Hotel, The Promenade, Salthill, Co. Galway, H91 DD4V
Type of employment: full time, permanent
Eligibility: must be eligible to work in Ireland
The Night Auditor will have the responsibility to ensure the hotel is kept secure at night, to ensure the public areas of the hotel are kept clean, ensure check in and check out procedures are followed, telephone calls answered promptly and all guest queries dealt with quickly and efficiently. This is a challenging role as it would entail working in and supporting various departments throughout the hotel.
This position will suit a customer-focused individual with a keen eye for detail. This is an exciting and varied and will especially suit a person who excels in a multi-tasking environment The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and outgoing, be an excellent communicator, be flexible and most importantly, be a friendly and cooperative person that enjoys working within a busy team.
Summary of key activities
- Completing the night audit for the hotel and overall operations of the hotel
- Ensure effective handover to the day Reception shift
- Ensure regular night-shift duties are completed including Room Service, resident’s bar and cleaning duties
- To assist the Night Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the front office.
- To set up and clean meeting rooms as required
- To clean all public areas
- General basic maintenance reporting for the day shift
- Welcome and check in of guests
- Check out and departure of guests
- Answer any queries the guest may have on in house facilities and tourist information.
- Update all guest information in the computer.
- Take and confirm reservations to our guests.
- Covering all aspects of the hotel while on duty.
- Any other duties assigned by Hotel Management
Experience and skills
- Relevant experience in a 3* or 4* hotel, including experience of night audits
- Previous experience working with hotel front office systems is essential.
- Excellent communications and people skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good presentation and attention to detail
- Must be fluent in the English Language, both written and spoken
The 4-star Salthill hotel is located on the Salthill Promenade with gorgeous views of the Galway Bay. The Salthill hotel is a popular venue for weddings and events and the perfect hotel for a long weekend exploring Galway City and the beautiful Salthill. The hotel has 2 restaurants and a popular bar, with a newly added café space perfect for a hot drink and a quick bite to eat. The Salthill hotel is one of 3 Byrne Hotel Group hotels located in Galway.
The Byrne Hotel Group is a unique collection of family owned hotels and guests houses in Galway, Dublin and the UK offering Irish Hospitality at its best. When you join the Byrne hotel group you join a dedicated team who have a strong focus on providing an exceptional guest experience. We are committed to providing training and support for our employees while fostering a culture of professional excellence. The Byrne Hotel Group offer our employees the opportunity to develop their talent and grow their career through opportunities across the group. We pride ourselves on building strong teams and a supportive working environment for our employees.
Byrne Hotel Group is an equal opportunities employer.